Sunday, September 4, 2016

11/22/63 by Stephen King 🔖🔖🔖



I generally avoid Stephen King due to the crass nature of other books I have read from him. However, this one was not crass in the least, though it had some F words. Those words, though, were perfectly placed and added to the reality of the situation at hand.

Stephen King is an amazing writer, I think one of the best out there. Master story teller. That's part of why this book gets 3 stars - I'd give it 3.5 if I could). Imagery was amazing, thoughts and feelings were conveyed expertly. Well-done.

It was so long, but most of it fitting an required. The worst part was after Sadie has a traumatic experience. I found those chapters boring, long, and annoying. I could not see Sadie as presented previously being so dang self-pitying and downright unlikeable. But honestly, I think that's the only flaw.

I'd not give it 5 because though I enjoyed it, I don't need to own it. It's not getting 4 because when I consider recommending books to my friends and family, this wouldn't be high on my list. Unless they wanted to have a great way to understand and see a piece of American history in a way that's believable and relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️