Saturday, September 3, 2016

Anthem by Ayn Rand 🔖🔖


The first thought that crossed my mind when finishing this book was, "meh". The characters felt quite flat and not relatable. Once we move to the forest, it's as if Rand was in a rush to finish the story and make her point. The last several pages were just monologue about that point, which could have been made so much more enjoyable as a story, or a process to be enjoyed.

Am I the only one who sees the main character's discovery of self in direct contrast to the woman's continued "As you wish" line of thinking?! The disparity was uncomfortable.

It's a short read, but not one I need to own nor is it one I'd recommend to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️