Sunday, September 2, 2018

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lack by Rebecca Skloot 🔖🔖🔖🔖


This book has a resume! 

I enjoyed much of this book. I think the author did a great job in making Henrietta a human being for the reader. With the incredibly limited information available on her life, the task was huge. I also appreciated that she was able to discuss cells, structure, and science in a way that made sense to my non-science mind. The jumping back and forth in time fames was difficult for me, but that probably says more about my inability to follow non-linear stories than it says something about the book. I also felt like I had to trudge through some of the family drama. While I see the importance of understanding the tragic influence this all had on the family, it felt arduous at times. Overall enjoyable though I'd not recommend it for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️