Sunday, September 2, 2018

Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J K Rowling) šŸ”–šŸ”–šŸ”–


had to ponder on this one to determine the star level. I settled on 3.

I think it was well written and it kept my interest. There were a lot of F words, but it didn't detract from the story for me. I do wish the clues would have been laid out in a fashion wherein I could have understood the crime as in depth as Strike did prior to him revealing it at the end.

Character development was not the highlight. I was surprised Strike chose a particular activity later in the book, but wondered in retrospect why it surprised me. There was nothing about his character development throughout the book that would give me insight into that choice point.

Overall enjoyable. Don't need to keep it, won't necessarily recommend, but I'd not tell people to avoid it, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel šŸ”–šŸ”–šŸ”–šŸ”– Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️