Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 🔖🔖


The most positive thing about this book was it kept me reading til the end so I could figure out who the killer was. I couldn't relate to the characters - thank goodness; most were terribly mentally ill, some for good reason. So how can I really judge the book when the flawed people may have been less flawed than I might be, considering? Still, I found the behaviors of the main character in the realm of stupid bordering on unbelievable. Drugs with a 13 year old, sex with an 18 year old, while in her early 30s? Yet ... Considering the mental state ... Maybe that's my conflict with this book: it's easy to excuse deplorable behavior.


Bottom line, I don't want to keep it and I'd not recommend it. I liked Gone Girl better, but barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️