Thursday, July 20, 2023

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus 🔖🔖🔖🔖


I've seen some of the less than stellar reviews of this book. While I can see where they are coming from, I still found this to be a highly entertaining read.

I did find Elizabeth unrelatable, found Mad completely unbelievable, saw some historical inaccuracies, and based on conversations and monologues I found it hard to remember the setting was 1950-1960, not 2000s.

Yet it was fun to read, I got into the story, I wanted to learn more, the dog was awesome, and when there were hints of "getting back", I hung on for more of it and was not disappointed. If you're looking for perfection in presentation and history, this isn't for you. If you're looking for entertainment and a fun read, this one will do the trick nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️