Saturday, May 6, 2023

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin 🔖🔖


I liked that the characters were well-written and consistent. I did not like that the characters were consistent until the end. Meaning, they acted 12 when they were in their 30s. Then the last chapter suddenly the worst, most pouty, selfish character suddenly grew up and became human?

While the characters were well-written, I did not feel enough connection to them that when one is lost, I didn't feel the depth of loss I was meant to feel. They were indeed one of the only redeeming characters in this novel, but almost too much so.

Finally, the reason for conflict and disconnect was so common it was almost trite. Failure to communicate? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️