Monday, November 4, 2019

The Whites by Richard Price (as Harry Brandt) 🔖🔖🔖


This one kept my interest, for sure. Finished the last half in one sitting.

Had a hard time with so many characters that had nothing to do with the story. Also found this to be gritty and a tad bit gruesome in some ways. Not that it makes this a bad novel ... merely a warning. This definitely isn't a deep, feel good, life enhancing story.

I liked the character development of the main character, Billy. The others didn't quite develop as much. At times I had a hard time remembering who the character was we were interacting with. More than once, I had to go back in the book to read again who the person was to Billy.

Overall enjoyed the read, yet not one I'd recommend and definitely don't need to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️