Saturday, June 16, 2018

The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg 🔖🔖


I finished and there were parts I really enjoyed, all related to the WASPs and the Wisconsin family. But I found the main character, Sookie, so very annoying, I almost couldn't get through. She was a grown up, ungrateful, sniveling brat. And while I know Lenore was to be painted as a narcissist, this was also a bit over the top. Then there were people and topics introduced that had potential to be meaningful, but left me wondering why it was even the story: the therapist, the gay topic in the last 4 pages, the patented business. Most importantly missing for me was more about the other sisters. I think the quick representation and ever so brief discussion of them was a disservice to the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️