Friday, September 16, 2016

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer 🔖🔖🔖


Well, I can't say I really loved this one. Maybe it just hits too close to home as Chris was just a few years older than my boy. I can't imagine losing my son at such an age - at any age, really. It did make me think about how we judge other people for their actions when we don't really know much about who they are and why they do what they do. Jon was able to show me many possibilities and many sides to Chris that I wouldn't have been able to consider unaided. I struggle overall with my own views about deaths I see as pointless, in my own narrow, naive, sheltered, selfish view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️