Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Wise Men by Stuart Nadler 🔖🔖🔖


This really was well written in so many aspects. It kept my interest and the descriptions were well done. However, the character development was totally lacking - unless the author intended Savannah to be as invisible as she was and for Hilly to stay the undeveloped child he was introduced to be. We just didn't see any development from teen to old man and we didn't see development in Savannah.

Also, this is touted as a book about complicated issues of race and society when they were merely mentioned for the most part.

Lastly, the "twist" at the end - more like a last ditch effort to just finish the book and get it to press. I found myself saying out loud, "Seriously? That's it?"

Better than some books I've read recently, but not one I'd recommend nor do I need to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️