Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera 🔖🔖


I would give this one 1.5 stars, but only because I made it nearly half way through. This book was about Tomas and his wife Tereza, his mistress Sabina, and her lover Franz. It wasn't even a story, per se, but a lot (and I do mean a lot) of reflection and finding meaning in their lives, behaviors, and relationships. I enjoy a book with some introspection and a quest to find purpose and clarity in life, but this one was so over the top, it was too much for me. I found myself wanting to say something about a cigar just being a cigar, and sometimes an ugly pendant is just an ugly pendant. I found myself feeling like I was wasting my time and so I did not finish this one. Not recommended and not one I want to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️