Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 🔖🔖🔖🔖


So I finally got on board and read this book ... It may have been a disadvantage that I saw the movie first. Knowing the twists, turns, and the ending made it less suspenseful and edge of your seat than intended. Even so, I really enjoyed the book. Loved Katniss, of course, and enjoyed the character development. I have thought prior to picking the book up that I wasn't sure I wanted to read a book about kids killing other kids, but that completely misses the gem that really is this story.

The book was interesting, the plot kept my interest, and the development of Katniss from beginning to the end of this book (and what I know of her development in the others in the series) is subtle, believable, and on some level relate-able. Well written story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️