Thursday, June 23, 2016

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 🔖🔖🔖


A few words come to mind about this book: psycho and brilliant. Flynn is amazing to pull this off with few, if any, glaring flaws in flow and plot and presentation. Well done. It only gets three stars for me, though, because it doesn't meet my own criteria for any further praises. I wasn't moved enough to need to own it, I wasn't entertained enough to want to keep it. I'd not find myself saying, "You should read this" to my book loving circle, but I won't discourage anyone from giving it a try. While it was clever, suspenseful, and well done, it's just not personally "shelf worthy". I found the character development fascinating and expertly crafted, but can't say much more without giving spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️