Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Gods of Manhattan by Scott Mebus 🔖🔖🔖


If I could give 2.5, this would be what this one gets. My first thought was this was a take off from Leven Thumps, though it gained its own story as it went along. I was bothered by the character development of Bridget, 9-year old girl. So many times her words, thoughts, and responses were not compatible with her age. I may have thought it was part of her character if there were not other places in which she was definitely 9. Further, while it is apparent there are future installments, this one was left at an ending that left a whole lot desired, not excluding more explanation. I'm all for mystery and suspense, but huge holes and gaps don't qualify. I don't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Readings Wherein I Failed to Comment

Night by Elie Wiesel 🔖🔖🔖🔖 Looking for Alaska by John Green ✖️ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly ✖️